Looking for a vegan, veggie-filled, peanut-free dish to bring to a potluck, use as work week meal prep, or to just eat at home? Itching to break out your Spiralizer? This zucchini noodle dish can be served warm or cold, and easily feeds a crowd as a side or main dish.
VEGAN VEGGIE ZOODLES WITH HERB CASHEW PESTO
3 large zucchini (spiralized)
1 handful dry thin spaghetti
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 Vidalia onion (chopped)
6 garlic cloves (minced)
1 fennel bulb (chopped)
2 cups shredded red cabbage
1/4 cup (more for greasing pan) Extra virgin olive oil
1 handful fresh parsley
3 sprigs fresh mint
3 handfuls fresh basil (+1 chopped for garnish)
1 handful raw unsalted cashews
4Tbl nutritional yeast
1 handful roasted pine nuts
Salt, pepper, onion owder, and garlic powder to taste
– In a large pan: grease with olive oil, cook onion, grape tomatoes, shredded red cabbage, fennel, and garlic cloves on medium-low heat.
– In a pot: boil spaghetti, adding the spiralized zucchini for the last few minutes.
– In a food processor: blend 1/4 cup olive oil, parsley, mint, basil, cashews, and nutritional yeast. Add salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to taste. Stop the food processor often to carefully scrape the sides. (Add more olive oil if the mixture is too thick.)
– Pour the cooked veggies from the pan into a mesh strainer then return to the pan over medium heat.
– Use tongs to transfer the cooked noodles and zoodles to the veggie pan. Fold in the herb pesto.
-Transfer the mixture to a large serving bowl and top with roasted pine nuts and chopped fresh basil