Want comforting flavor but lots of nutrition? Want Pad Thai but not the peanuts? Want to sneak veggies into your kids (or yourself) without the battle? This is your dish.
Peanut-free Zoodle Pad Thai
– 4Tbl sesame oil
– 3 large eggs
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1 fresh lime, juiced
– 1 Tbl low sodium soy sauce
– 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
– 3 Tbl honey
– 1 Tbl mirin
– 1 Tbl powdered ginger
– 1/4 cup crunchy Sunbutter
– 1 10oz bag broccoli slaw
– 1 10oz bag shredded red cabbage
– 1 red bell pepper, julienned
– 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
– 2 medium-large zucchini, spiralized
– 1 handful uncooked angel hair pasta
– Boil water and cook angel hair pasta according to instructions.
– While pasta cooks, add 2 Tbl sesame oil to wok over medium heat.
– Whisk the garlic, lime juice, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, honey, mirin, and ginger together in a bowl.
– Once the wok is hot, pour in the sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes until it thickens.
– Stir the Sunbutter and remaining 2 Tbl of sesame oil into the sauce.
– Toss the slaw and cabbage in the sauce
– Add the spiralized zucchini to the pasta water for the last few minutes of cook time.
– Once the pasta is ready, transfer the pasta and zucchini to the wok with tongs, allowing some of the starchy pasta water to enter the wok.
– Add the bell pepper to the wok and toss to mix.
– Crack the eggs into the wok and toss with the veggies and noodles until thoroughly mixed.
– Serve and enjoy!